Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lots of Grazing & Lots of Giving For February's Sunday Supper


On Sunday we had such good food, good weather, and good company. Thanks everyone for coming out and bringing such yum for your tum food. And we raised $158 for the Austin groups for the elderly so that brings our total to $295 . Unfortunately I did not get to take many pictures at all and I was especially not able to capture much of the food before it was demolished. Here's what we got to enjoy though:
Dips

babaganosh

hummus

onion yogurt

classic pesto

red pepper pesto (my now new favorite)

country style Greek eggplant

roasted red pepper and feta

herbed white bean spread

fresh mozzarella & herbs marinated in oil

Michelle's famous veggie queso

Salads

Cucumber & Tomato

Greek Inspired Orzo

Mains

Falafel

Eggplant & Potato Moussaka

Breads

Greek Pitas

Lemon Garlic Loaf

Desserts

vanilla sugar cookies

yogurt lemon and orange cake

baklava

(which was gone before I could even try a bite Thanks Sam!)

So if you missed it this time these were the key events:

Coby & Co. trying to play Bocce Ball in the backyard, which meant anyone standing in the backyard was at risk from a flying ball. Sorry Kerryl and Sam.

I guess Coby decided to move on to what he thought was a less dangerous activity, peeking over the fence to see our new 'neighbors' who had pitched a tent in the field behind our house. Little did he know that this would lead to a call to the cops and some wacky action in front of the house. Long story short a woman approached the fence and asked for help because her boyfriend had just beat her up. The cops came out and they were embroiled in that until the dark hours. Oh My!

Some funny food anecdotes:

I was really missing my camera when Jonas sneaked a gigantic piece of yogurt cake from atop the stove and dove in. I swear it was the size of his head. He managed to finish it though, no trouble with that piece of deliciousness.

& Don really cracked me up when he arrived for the second time with fire in his eyes, demanding to know where the orzo salad was.

All I can say is YUM! The food was definitely amazing. Thanks everyone for making such fantastic food appear at my house.
Check out photos from February's event

No comments:

Post a Comment