Friday, June 18, 2010

June Sunday Supper: The Saucy Tart + Knife Party



This month's Supper is a doozy. First I am going to do all the cooking. I am trying to get closer to opening The Saucy Tart and I need help, specifically from your taste buds. I am going to be in the kitchen experimenting with different ingredients, techniques and combinations. Go Science Experiment! So I need everyone to descend on Musick Manner to deliver their constructive criticisms. The menu is not set but will of course consist of sweet and savory pies. I am going to visit the Farmer's Market this Saturday and the next to collect seasonal fare, gathering my 'secret ingredients,' creating a sort of challenge for myself.




The second special addition is featuring: Knife Party!







a new Austin business that specializes in making things sharper, even your comebacks and quips. The Best Part: they are donating all proceeds to Grazing and Giving. So here is a rundown of some tools they can improve for you and their corresponding fees.


Average Kitchen Knife 5-9 inches: $3


Kitchen Knife Under 5 inches: $2


Kitchen Knife over 9 inches: $4


Serrated Knives: $4


(no micro serration style)


Scissors: $5


Fabric Shears: $7


Pocket Knives: $2


Chisels: $3


Planes: $3


Machete: $7


Axes: $7


Swords: $10


Bring your empty bellies, your dull blades, something to sip on and of course your smiles, infectious laughter and plenty of ways to 'test' your newly sharpened blades.

No comments:

Post a Comment